Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update

School has been out for a while. No more assignments, no more exams..... Convocation on Thursday! It doesn't feel like I am graduating though. In fact it feels like the easy part is over and now for the hard part. I have applied to the human ecology department at the U of M for human nutritional sciences. If I get accepted, I will start in September (so no break at all, just like starting another school year right away). Theatre to nutritional sciences..... carpentry classes to chemistry classes......... easy to hard....... small school to big school.......Yeah, I'm terrified! Very very nervous.......

A few months ago (right in the middle of being extremely busy with school stuff of course) I got this brilliant idea to pick a knitting pattern book and knit every project in it in a year. I actually took a morning off studying and went to the book store and picked out a book (My memory wants to say that I stood in the rain that day waiting for the bus, but I know that is a lie because it was March! Silly memory!). Lucky I came to my senses and decided that was a silly idea because I don't have time to knit that much, as much as I wish I did!

I did start a new knitting project the other day. Delphine (lacy cap-sleeve top) from the book French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes. I am loving it so far. The yarn feels great (Americo 100% pima cotton), very soft. The pattern says to do four pattern repeats of the lower edge pattern. I have decided to do six (and have done so already) to add length to the body. I have read many complaints that the top is too short and I like my shirts on the longer side (I have a long torso, or so I am told). I am making the smallest size and I hope that it will fit and not be too tight! But a little tight should be good for a top to wear with skirts. Now I just need to have this top finished before the end of summer so I can wear it with skirts!




1 comment:

Christine said...

And today you convocated from the University of Winnipeg. *sigh* I have to admit that I got choked and sniffled a bit. I even had to resort to using a paper towel to blow my nose (no kleenex or t.p. handy). I called Paul to come and watch immediately after you guys flipped the tassels over on your caps. No point in him hanging around and complaining about the ad nauseum speechifying.

It was fun texting you... kind of like sitting next to you and nudging your ribs with my elbow! :)

I'm so very proud of you. Hard work, but it paid off. Sure, you're going to a bigger school and taking a harder course, but I'm totally sure that you are more than up for it! Don't think of the U of M as a scary school. I did, for all of a week... you just learn to roll with it.

Love you!
~ Mom